Enjoy a full life of fun and fitness.
“It’s important to me to stay active … stay healthy … and stay involved.”
Our Health & Fitness Club caters to the unique needs of active adults (40 and older) to encourage lifelong health and wellness. Membership is open to all residents of Touchmark and the greater community.
Members enjoy a wide range of activities and classes that can positively affect age-related conditions, such as arthritis, cancer, heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension, and depression.
Personalized to your ability and goals
All programs are tailored to individual levels of ability, skill, and personal fitness goals. They are designed to help you improve and maintain:
- Strength, flexibility
- Balance, coordination
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Emotional health
- Mental acuity
- Maximum independence
Key program components:
- Muscular strength training provides easier movement, better balance, and a leaner, stronger body;
- Cardiovascular fitness training increases energy and endurance;
- Flexibility exercises gradually expand your range of motion, with less pain;
- Motivational classes offer greater understanding of your health and well-being.
Showers and changing rooms, including personal lockers and towel service, are available free for the day. And all equipment is specifically selected for the unique fitness needs of our members.
Heated indoor pool & spa pool
- Pool - Pool is heated to 86 degrees, measures 25 x 50 feet, and includes two lanes for lap swimming. The depth ranges from 3.5 to 6 feet.
- Aquatics and pool therapy, including shallow and deep-water exercises, such as water aerobics and classes tailored for those with arthritis.
- Lap swimming
- Warm-water spa pool - Set at 96 degrees and containing whirlpool jets and seating for eight, the spa pool is the ideal place to relax after a workout.
- One-on-one personal assistance available in 30- or 60-minute appointments
- Individual program design
- Equipment orientation
- Keiser strength-training equipment
- Cardiovascular equipment, including Precor treadmills, bike, elliptical trainers, and Nu-Steps
- Aerobics studio offers a range of classes to enhance balance, strength, and cardiovascular health
- Functional fitness assessment
- Health and wellness screening
Discover the joy of increased fitness through a membership in a Touchmark Health & Fitness Center!
For complete details, talk with a retirement counselor today.